Dental PracticeLanham, MD
When you visit our dental practice in Lanham, we will spend time getting to know you and learning about any health concerns you have. By conducting an examination and taking X-rays, we can determine the current health of your teeth, gums, and jawbone. We will also discuss your lifestyle with you and any goals you have for your smile. This will allow us to create a comprehensive treatment plan. At Blissful Dental, we provide dental care to patients throughout the Lanham area. We do so by creating treatment plans that address any issues you may have, rather than focusing on one isolated problem. For example, if you have a cracked tooth, but simultaneously do not like the appearance of your smile, we can recommend procedures to address both at the same time. With a focus on both form and function, we can help your smile stay healthy and beautiful.
In addition to performing routine teeth cleanings and completing stunning smile makeovers, there are a variety of procedures we complete on a daily basis that are important for your oral health.
Visit a dental practice in Lanham to reduce your risk of getting gum disease
While most people think professional teeth cleanings are only to prevent cavities, they also serve another important purpose in preventing gum disease. Adult tooth loss is incredibly common, and gum disease is a leading cause of it. At Blissful Dental, we know the cause of gum disease is typically due to plaque building up on the teeth and becoming trapped under the gums. When you practice good oral hygiene, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily, you reduce your risk of getting gum disease. However, no matter how diligent you are, it is possible for plaque to become trapped in hard-to-reach spaces. This is why a professional dental cleaning is so important. We can prevent gum disease by performing a deep cleaning to remove all of the plaque and tartar from your mouth. If we identify early signs of gum disease, we can treat it right away before it causes irritation or gum recession. If you live in the Lanham area, we invite you to call 301-909-4026 to schedule an appointment for your dental cleaning today.
Visit a dental practice in Lanham if your tooth becomes damaged
While teeth are made of strong dentin and enamel, it is entirely possible for them to sustain damage. If a patient is in an accident, plays sports, or plays outside with others, there is a possibility of cracking or chipping a tooth. When this happens, it is important to visit our dental office so we can complete a restoration in short order. Leaving your damaged tooth exposed will create an opportunity for bacteria to enter the tooth and start an infection. We can treat the tooth quickly so it can be restored to full functionality and appearance. Selecting the right dentist office is critical, because you want a restoration that will look natural and blend in so seamlessly that you cannot tell the difference between your natural teeth and one that has been restored.
Visit a dental practice in Lanham to be checked for oral cancer
Have you been checked for oral cancer lately? If not, you should be. Oral cancer impacts both men and women. The Oral Cancer Foundation finds that oral cancer will cause one person per hour. Men over the age of 50 are at the greatest risk for developing cancer. Also, those who smoke, chew tobacco, drink alcohol excessively, overexpose themselves to the sun, or have the HPV virus are all at an increased risk for developing this disease. At Blissful Dental, we recommend you be checked for oral cancer on a regular basis, because, like all forms of cancer, the sooner it is detected and treated, the better chance you have of successfully irradiating it. We also recommend that you self-examine at home by running your tongue along your gums and cheeks on a daily basis. Look for any bumps, lumps, or rough spots that were not there before. If they do not go away after a couple of days. Call 301-909-4026 to schedule an examination with our dental office. At Blissful Dental, we do not treat cancer, but we can help to determine if anything looks out of the ordinary and whether or not you need further testing.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Practice Lanham
Visit a dental practice in Lanham to have your restorations inspected
In our Lanham, MD dental office, we can inspect your restorations to ensure they are holding up. Dental fillings, for example, are not designed to last forever. They can become worn down over time, and the initial space they were filling can enlarge due to further decay. This can create the need to replace the filling or place the dental around the tooth. At Blissful Dental, we can inspect your dental fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges and bonding, when you come in for a dental appointment. If they are looking worn, we will let you know, so you can determine if you want to replace them preemptively or wait until it is necessary. Taking action in advance can sometimes prevent future discomfort, so it is important to consider all of your options.
Visit a dental practice in Lanham to plan for your future
At Blissful Dental, we help our patients to have a lifetime of good oral health and a smile they can enjoy both now and in the future. This requires careful planning. The best case scenario is for you to maintain all of your adult teeth as you age. To do so, your teeth need to be cared for at home, and you need to have professional teeth cleanings twice a year. This will help to prevent cavities and gum disease. Your treatment plan should also include steps that can be taken to keep your smile bright and beautiful. For example, we can whiten your teeth on a set schedule. When you visit our dental office, we can work together to create a plan that works for your health both now and well into the future. To get started, call (301) 909-4026.
If you live in the Lanham area, call (301) 909-4026 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries is also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Practice